- Update Ubuntu System
- Display startup items
- Manually Install Software
- Automate Above Install Steps
Update Ubuntu System
Display startup items
- By Default, Some of startup items are hidden
- By using following command, we can unhide all startup items.
Manually Install Software
Install curl command
Install wget command
Install GIT command
- Shutter is a feature-rich screenshot program for Linux based operating systems such as Ubuntu.
- You can take a screenshot of a specific area, window, your whole screen, or even of a website – apply different effects to it, draw on it to highlight points, and then upload to an image hosting site, all within one window.
- VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols.
Install Google Chrome
- Diodon is a simple clipboard manager for GNOME with application indicator support. Aiming to be the best integrated clipboard manager for the Gnome/GTK+ desktop.
- GParted is a free partition editor for graphically managing your disk partitions.
- With GParted you can resize, copy, and move partitions without data loss, enabling you to:
- Grow or shrink your C: drive
- Create space for new operating systems
- Attempt data rescue from lost partitions
- Caffeine is a tiny program that puts an icon in the right side of your menu bar.
- Click it to prevent your Ubuntu from automatically going to sleep, dimming the screen or starting screen savers.
- Click it again to go back.
- Right-click the icon to show the menu.
Automate Above Install Steps
- All above install steps can be automate in following shell scripts.
The installation may take a little time, so grab a cup of coffee and relax.