Setup FQDN Hostname
- To know more why you need to setup timezone Click Here
- To know more about UMASK Click Here
- By default - Ubuntu will allow to go inside another user home directory and read the data.
- By changing UMASK any new user account home directory permission set from 755 to 750
- More information - Permissive Home Directory Access
Update System Packages
Setup User & PS1
Disable SSH Password Based Logins
- Make sure your SSH Keys has been added on server.
- Configure ssh to prevent password based logins
Enable Automatic Security Updates
- Update the file to look like below.
- You should probably keep updates disabled and stick with security updates only.
Install Logwatch To Keep An Eye On Things
Post Navigation LEMP Stack - Conventions & File System Layout